A Pet’s Life

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Yippee! I am on the Mend!

Hello, Hello, Hello!

Just thought I'd drop a note to let you know that I am on the mend. My Human fetched me from the Bird Doctor on the 20th, (yes, a few days ago already) with strict instructions on my successful recovery and the medicinal compound I have to have twice a day!

I also have new pellets I have to eat, AVI Plus Complete Maintenance Diet, which is available at Pets On Line, the most amazing place to find treats, toys and accessories and food for all types of animals. I have my eye on some of the nice leather and rawhide items - something to sink my beak into, since I am only allowed seed as a reward for doing good these days!

Anyway, I lost so much weight that I am as light as a feather (ha, ha!) at the moment and I have been eating and eating and eating. I have been so ravenous, I just can't get enough and anything my Human gives me just tastes so good. Only problem is, I haven't been able to hold anything in my hands because my designer collar gets in the way, but I have made a plan and it works very well.

Here are some pics of my first few days back home....

This picture depicts my negotiation from small to big cage and big to small.... This exercise left me very weak and tired and I couldn't wait to go to sleep.

Here I am having my breakfast. See how I cannot see my feet and how it is impossible for me to hold anything in my hands...

This is me on Friday night just before bedtime. I was just starting to feel quite a bit stronger... Don't you just love my collar?

Tigger, my cat friend kept looking at me like I was some stranger, but after looking at these pictures, I'm not surprised. Just as I was off to bed she said "Gosh, they send you away looking like you always have and you come back looking like THAT!!" Gave me a bit of a complex, but I'm over it. I have to work on getting better!

I did have quite a battle getting into my home cage in the beginning because I can't see where my feet are, but I have mastered the art of hanging on with my beak and then swinging my legs either left or right to find a bar and holding on with all my might and then hoisting myself up. I imagine I have grown about two centimetres from all the stretching, but at least I'm getting good exercise! Perhaps I'll develop muscles and become an athlete of some sort!

Here I am on Saturday. Notice how much better I am looking

My Human has been preening me because I can't do it and boy, it feels so good! She rubs my back and I lift my wings so she can get there too - might as well enjoy the moment while I can!

In the evenings before bed, I have to take my drops, get my face and beak washed and then my wound gets a good look at. Where I had lost all my feathers has now become dry and hard, like a piece of biltjong. If this starts lifting I am to be taken straight back to the Bird Doctor, who will see if I am growing new skin or if I am going to be left with a hole, but I am sure everything is going to be alright. Just give it time!

On Sunday I was feeling more like my old self and started talking a bit, but my voice seemed so weak. Guess I'll just have to take it a little at a time before I go full throttle on the windpipes!

I had my checkup yesterday and have been given the all clear so far! And a fresh lot of medicine, yuk! Everyone is pleased with my progress and needless to say, I am so over the moon, that I couldn't but help break into dance... I know I can dance - see me movin' 'n a groovin'....




I have my next checkup on Monday, but until then I am enjoying the sunshine, the food, the attention and not doing too much ...

What a life!

Oh, and if you haven't seen it yet, I have made a page for my furry friends, it is called Cat's Catastrophe.

Enjoy and until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment